Sunday, February 5, 2012

Reflection



"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." (Kierkegaard)
My counsin Zana and I went for a "hike" the other day. I don't know if we can consider the trail we were on as a "hike," but we did get some good exercise out of it. I guess I am a bit spoiled coming from California, with her beautiful weather and mountains. The hike came out to about 11 miles, and at the end we stopped at Lake Georgetown. My friends know that I love to go where the water is. I don't really care to swim in the water (although that is fun too), but one of my favorite things is to just sit and look out into this great blue mass and listen to the sounds of the wind peering through the water with the birds flying over my head and the warm sun shining on my arms. Yes, I do love my water. Yet, one of the best things about the water is this sense of calmness that surrounds you. I love to sit around a body of water and just think. I tend to do a lot of reflecting when I do so. I reflect a lot about my life, certain decisions I made, people I have met, and the possibilities I have missed. I simply reflect to find myself. That is the power of water and being in tune with your surroundings. 


2 comments:

  1. Isnt it amazing how certain parts of nature allow us to reflect? I think it's awesome that you had time to reflect and get away from your busy life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, usually for me it is at a place with water and wind...but nature in general will do us some good. Away from all this technology.

    ReplyDelete